- Client wanted Mr.Mykonos to be B2C Mobile Chat Application in Native Android & iOS
- Chat communication between Web Admin and Mobile App.
- Client wanted Twilio sdk to be used for chat application
- Web Admin panel to add new users and CRUD Operations
- While the client had conceptualized the application quite well they lacked the technical skills, or a technology partner, to convert the concept into a robust architecture and a functioning system.
Mr.Mykonos System to be build had these objectives
- Development has to be thought on two aspects backend system and frontend system
- Backend to be integral part of system as it will hold entire user data and operations of application.
- Provide the ability to create admin users and new customers with editable fields of Location, Email Address, Trip Info, Reservations and Password.
- Integration of Twilio Programmable Chat SDK and API’s
Architecting and designing this system was challenging because of these considerations
- Rails 5 are relatively very new and syntax has changed a lot from rails 4 to rails 5. Most documentation is available for previous rails version and not the latest version.
- Twilio documentation is fast evolving. SDK documentation underwent changes even during the course of project.
- Many example codes available for Twilio used older sdk versions and hence not compatible with latest SDK version.
- Twilio documentation is confusing specifically regarding push notifications for chat.
- Many example code available for Twilio used older sdk versions and hence not compatible with latest SDK version
- Cloud based development using Ruby on Rails with Postgre backend database with Native iOS and Android applications.
- Development over Rail 2.5.0 helps web GUI applications, Desktop GUI applications and is excellent for Numerical, Statistical processing programs.
- Integrating Twilio Chat SDK for Android and iOS, along with a server side REST API
- Adding advanced features like typing indicators, reachability indicators, and roles & permission.
The backend system was built on Ruby on Rails and third party libraries.
- Ruby version 2.5.0
- Postgre SQL
- Twilio SDK
- AWS EC2